Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering
2145 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208-3107
PhD, Biomedical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
M.S., Biomedical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Biomedical optics: photoacoustic microscopy; multimodal imaging; photon-tissue interaction; retinal imaging; diabetic retinopathy; retinal aging
RECENT JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Xiangyang Zhang, Minshan Jiang, Amani A. Fawzi, Xiang Li, K. Kirk Shung, Carmen A. Puliafito, Hao F. Zhang, and Shuliang Jiao, “Simultaneous dual molecular contrasts provided by the absorbed photons in photoacoustic microscopy,” Optics Letter 35, 4018-4020 (2010).
- Vladislav V. Yakovlev, Hao F. Zhang, Gary D. Noojin, Michael L. Denton, Robert J. Thomas, and Marlan O. Scully, “Stimulated Raman photoacoustic imaging,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA 107, 20335-20339 (2010).
- Minshan Jiang, Xiangyang Zhang, Carmen A. Puliafito, Hao F. Zhang, and Shuliang Jiao, “Adaptive optics photoacoustic microscopy,” Optics Express 18, 21770-21776 (2010).
- Tan Liu, Jing Wang, Georgi I. Petrov, Vladislav V. Yakovlev, and Hao F. Zhang, “Photoacoustic generation by multiple picoseconds pulse excitations,” Medical Physics 37, 1518-1521 (2010).
- Jing Wang, Tan Liu, Shuliang Jiao, Ruimin Chen, Qifa Zhou, K. Kirk Shung, Lihong V. Wang, and Hao F. Zhang, “Saturation effect in functional photoacoustic imaging,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 15, 021317 (2010).
- Shuliang Jiao, Minshan Jiang, Jianming Hu, Amani Fawzi, Qifa Zhou, Kirk K. Shung, Carmen A. Puliafito, and Hao F. Zhang, “Photoacoustic ophthalmoscopy for in vivo retinal imaging,” Optics Express 18, 3967-3972 (2010)
- Hao F. Zhang, Jing Wang, Qing Wei, Tan Liu, Shuliang Jiao, and Carmen A. Puliafito, “Collecting back-reflected light in photoacoustic microscopy,” Optics Express 18, 1278-1282 (2010)
- Shuliang Jiao, Zhixing Xie, Hao F. Zhang, and Carmen A. Puliafito, “Simultaneous multimodal imaging with integrated photoacoustic microscopy and optical coherence tomography,” Optics Letters 34, 2961-2963 (2009).
- Zhixing Xie, Shuliang Jiao, Hao F. Zhang, and Carmen A. Puliafito “Laser-scanning optical-resolution photoacoustic microscopy”, Optics Letters 34, 1771-1773 (2009).
- Zhixing Xie, Lihong V. Wang, and Hao F. Zhang, “Optical fluence distribution study in tissue in dark-field confocal photoacoustic microscopy using a modified Monte Carlo convolution method,” Applied Optics 48, 3205-3212, (2009).